Physically installing your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus with an existing doorbell is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note that you should set up your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus in your Ring App before mounting it to your home.
Step One: Charge the provided battery
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a USB power source using the provided orange cable.
- When only one of the two LEDs on the battery is lit, the battery is fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Doorbell 3 Plus until it clicks into place.
Note: You may see an incorrect battery discharge/reporting when setting up your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus if the device is not fully charged before use.
Please charge the battery completely before setting up your device.
Step Two: Remove your existing doorbell
If replacing an existing doorbell, shut off power to your doorbell system at the breaker. Then remove the doorbell button from the wall and disconnect the wires.
If wiring your Ring Doorbell 3 Plus to an existing doorbell, a transformer with a voltage of 8-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz is required.
DC transformers and most intercoms are not supported.
WARNING: Electrical shock hazard. Disconnect power to installation area at your circuit breaker or fuse box before beginning installation. Always use caution when handling electrical wiring.
Installation by a qualified electrician may be required in your area. Refer to your local laws and building codes before performing electrical work; permits plus professional installation may be required by law.
Step Three: Line Up your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the small hole on the front of the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus, below the camera.
- Place the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus next to your door at about 48 inches from the ground.
- Level the device using the level tool.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
Step Four (Optional): Drill the mounting holes (Only When Mounting on Brick, Concrete, or Stucco)
- Use the included drill bit in a power drill to drill holes at the positions you marked.
- Insert the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
If you’re mounting on wood or vinyl siding, you can skip this step.
Step Five (optional): Attach the wire extensions.
If you have trouble connecting the wires coming out of the wall to the back of your Ring Doorbell 3 Plus, use the provided wire extensions and wire nuts.
Step Six: Connect the wires
Connect the wires coming out of your wall to the screws on the unit.
Either wire can connect to either screw. The order doesn't matter.
Note: When correctly wired, you should see solid white light on the front of the device.
Step Seven: Place Your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus over the holes.
Don't forget to remove the level tool from the front of the device.
Step Eight: Screw in the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus
Feed all the wires (and the wire nuts if you used them) into your wall and secure your Ring Doorbell 3 Plus on the wall. Be sure you use all four included screws.
Step Nine: Install the Faceplate
Place one of the provided faceplates on your Ring Doorbell by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
Step Ten: Install the Security Screw
Use one of the provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate.