When an alarm signal is received, the monitoring service will call your list of emergency contacts - people you trust to answer the call and take care of your home in case you can’t be reached.
Your emergency contacts should be able to:
- Answer their phone and handle Alarm emergencies.
- Remember the verbal password and say it when asked in order to verify identity.
- Go to your home if assistance is needed.
- Unlock your home to give emergency responders access to your home if necessary.
- Use your Ring Alarm and disarm it, if asked by authorities.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that your emergency contacts remember the verbal password. Forgetting the verbal password will increase your chances of a false alarm.
We recommend that you provide your Emergency Contacts with Shared User access using the Ring app. Click here to learn more about Shared Users.