When an alarm signal is received, the monitoring service will call your list of emergency contacts. This list should include yourself and/or other people you trust to answer the call and take care of your home in case you can’t be reached.
All emergency contacts should be able to:
- Answer their phone and handle Alarm emergencies.
- Remember the verbal password and say it when asked in order to verify identity.
- Go to your home if assistance is needed.
- Unlock your home to give emergency responders access to your home if necessary.
- Use your Ring Alarm and disarm it, if asked by authorities.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you remember your verbal password and give it to your emergency contacts. Forgetting the verbal password will increase your chances of a false alarm.
If you want to be called first, you should list yourself as the first emergency contact.
We recommend that you provide your Emergency Contacts with Shared User access using the Ring app. Click here to learn more about Shared Users.