This article will detail how to physically install your Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
Click here for more information about setting up your Video Doorbell Pro in the Ring App.
Step One — Remove Your Existing Doorbell Button
WARNING: Electrical shock hazard. Disconnect power to installation area at your circuit breaker or fuse box before beginning installation. Always use caution when handling electrical wiring.
Installation by a qualified electrician may be required in your area. Refer to your local laws and building codes before performing electrical work; permits plus professional installation may be required by law.
- Turn off power at the breaker
- Remove the existing button and disconnect the wires
Step Two — Install your Pro Power Kit
- Remove the cover to your in-home doorbell chime kit
- Verify that it is compatible with the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Click here for more information on compatible chime kits.
- If your chime kit isn’t compatible, click here for more information on bypassing it.
- Verify your transformer has an output of at least 16V 30VA (40VA max) and 50/60 Hz. Do not use a halogen or garden-lighting transformer or a DC transformer/power supply.
- If it isn’t, consider a replacement or plug-in adapter.
- Click here to learn more about replacing your transformer.
- Click here to learn more about the adapter.
- Install your Pro Power Kit or Pro Power Cable (pictured below)
Step Three — Mounting the Doorbell
- First, remove the device’s faceplate
- If mounting on a masonry surface, do the following before proceeding:
- Use the device as a template to mark pilot holes.
- Drill holes and insert the anchors.
- Connect the wires to the screws on the back of the device
- It doesn't matter which order the wires are connected, just be sure the wires don't touch each other.
- Be careful of over-tightening these screws as well.
- Place the device level against the wall and drive the screws in
Note: The Ring Video Doorbell Pro will never require a diode to be installed.
Step Four — Setting up the Doorbell in the Ring App
- Double check each portion of your wiring and then turn the power back on
Note: The device will require up to an hour to charge its internal power cell. After it has been charged, the device will automatically move into setup mode.
Click here for more information on Setup Mode.
Now that the device has been installed, it’s time to continue setup in the Ring App.
Click here to for more information on setting up your Ring Pro in the app.continue.
Step Five — Attach the Faceplate
- Place the faceplate on the Doorbell and ensure it is secured to the device.
- Install the security screw at the bottom of the device.