Physically installing up your Stick Up Cam Elite is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note that you should set up your Stick Up Cam in the Ring App before physically installing it.
Step One: Slide off the bottom cover
The first step in installing your Stick Up Cam is sliding off the bottom cover. Use the orange screwdriver included in your box to remove the security screw, then pull off the bottom cover. Once removed, it will reveal a USB port, an Ethernet port, an orange button, and a QR code that you'll scan while setting up Stick Up Cam Elite in the Ring App.
Note: Keep this cover within reach! When you connect your Ethernet cable to the Stick Up Cam, you’ll need to thread the cable through the hole in the cover.
Step Two: Choose your location
Your Stick Up Cam will be happy just about anywhere, indoors or out. It can sit on its own stand, or mount to a wall or ceiling.
Choose a spot where it can provide the view that you want and make sure it's within reach of an Ethernet port with PoE (Power over Ethernet).
Step Three: Power your Stick Up Cam
You can power your Stick Up Cam with an Ethernet port that supplies Power over Ethernet.
Note: Your Stick Up Cam requires power via Power over Ethernet. It will not work with only an ethernet connection.
Using PoE requires a router or switch that supplies PoE or the dedicated PoE Adapter that comes in-box with Stick Up Cam Elite.
To power Stick Up Cam with PoE
- Feed an Ethernet cable through the hole in the bottom cover.
- Plug it into the Ethernet port in the Stick Up Cam.
- Plug the other end of the cable into an Ethernet port that supplies Power over Ethernet.
To install your Stick Up Cam onto a shelf or table
- Place the rubber pad on the bottom of the base, if it’s not already.
- Snap the cover onto the top of the base.
- Place Stick Up Cam on a table or shelf.
That's it! Stick Up Cam is now installed.
Step Four: Install the rubber pad if you're mounting the cam on a wall or ceiling
If you're mounting Stick Up Cam on a wall:
- Push the rubber pad into the top of the base
- Flip the base toward the rear.
If you're mounting Stick Up Cam on a ceiling:
- Swivel the base above the camera.
- Push the rubber pad into the bottom of the base.
Step Five: Drive the screws
- Hold the circular part of the base against your wall or ceiling, rubber side down.
- If you're mounting Stick Up Cam on a wall, use the integrated level to ensure it's straight.
- Mount Stick Up Cam with the included screws.
Step Six: Close it up
- Ensuring that any connected cables have been routed through the bottom cover, slide the cover into place on your Stick Up Cam.
- Then, tighten the screw with the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit.
Step Seven: Snap the Cover onto the base
- Snap the cover onto the base.
- Secure it with the included short security screw.
That's it! Your Ring Stick Up Cam Elite is installed.