Set up your Stick Up Cam Elite in the Ring App before physically installing it.
Slide off the Bottom Cover
The first step in installing your Stick Up Cam is sliding off the bottom cover. Use the orange screwdriver included in your box to remove the security screw, then pull off the bottom cover. Once removed, it will reveal a USB port, an Ethernet port, an orange button, and a QR code that you'll scan while setting up Stick Up Cam Elite in the Ring App.
Note: Keep this cover within reach! When you connect your Ethernet cable to the Stick Up Cam, you’ll need to thread the cable through the hole in the cover.
Choose your Location
Your Stick Up Cam will be happy just about anywhere, indoors or out. It can sit on its own stand, or mount to a wall or ceiling.
Choose a spot where it can provide the view that you want and make sure it's within reach of an Ethernet port with PoE (Power over Ethernet).
Power your Stick Up Cam
You can power your Stick Up Cam with an Ethernet port that supplies Power over Ethernet.
Note: Stick Up Cam Elite requires power via Power over Ethernet. It will not work with only an ethernet connection.
Using PoE requires a router or switch that supplies PoE or the dedicated PoE Adapter that comes in-box with Stick Up Cam Elite.
To Power Stick Up Cam with PoE
- Feed an Ethernet cable through the hole in the bottom cover.
- Plug it into the Ethernet port in the Stick Up Cam.
- Plug the other end of the cable into an Ethernet port that supplies Power over Ethernet.
To Install your Stick Up Cam onto a Shelf or Table
- Place the rubber pad on the bottom of the base, if it’s not already.
- Snap the cover onto the top of the base.
- Place Stick Up Cam on a table or shelf.
- Stick Up Cam is now installed.
Installing the Rubber Pad
If you're Mounting Stick Up Cam on a Wall:
- Push the rubber pad into the top of the base
- Flip the base toward the rear.
If you're Mounting Stick Up Cam on a Ceiling:
- Swivel the base above the camera.
- Push the rubber pad into the bottom of the base.
- Make sure to swivel the mounting base so the camera is not upside-down.
- You will not be able to rotate videos in the Ring App if the camera is mounted upside-down.
Drive the screws
- Hold the circular part of the base against your wall or ceiling, rubber side down.
- If you're mounting Stick Up Cam on a wall, use the integrated level to ensure it's straight.
- Mount the Stick Up Cam Elite with the included screws.
Close it up
- Ensuring that any connected cables have been routed through the bottom cover, slide the cover into place on your Stick Up Cam.
- Then, tighten the screw with the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit.
Snap the Cover onto the Base
- Snap the cover onto the base.
- Secure it with the included short security screw.
That's it! Your Ring Stick Up Cam Elite is installed.