In your Ring Motion Settings, you have the ability to refine your Motion Alert Notifications to distinguish between People and Other Motions using Smart Alerts with a Ring Protect subscription plan.
The Smart Alerts option is in your Ring app.
- Tap the three lines on the top left
- Tap Motion Settings
- Tap Smart Alerts
- Tap Adjust Smart Alerts
- On the next screen select the notification options that you want for Person and Other Motion
- You'll see a video camera where you can select or de-select recording and a bell icon to represent alert notifications
- After you've adjusted your settings tap Done.
This feature is available for Ring battery and externally powered / hardwired devices.
If it's not clear whether a motion event contains people, due to lighting, weather or other conditions, you may still see a motion alert in your Timeline.
Battery Powered Devices
- Ring Video Doorbell
- Ring Video Doorbell (2020 Release)
- Ring Video Doorbell 2
- Ring Video Doorbell 3
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus
- Ring Video Doorbell 4
- Spotlight Cam Battery
- Stick Up Cam Battery
Externally powered/ hardwired devices include:
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Ring Video Doorbell Elite
- Stick Up Cam Wired
- Floodlight Cam
- Floodlight Cam Wired Pro
- Floodlight Cam Wired Plus
- Spotlight Cam Wired
- Spotlight Cam Mount
Note: If Person detection is enabled on an externally powered device, you may not be able to adjust the Motion Sensitivity Slider.