A Ring Protect Plan is a subscription that gives you access to paid features for Ring doorbells, cameras, and alarms. With a subscription, you can save, review, and share video recordings from your Ring devices to your Ring account. Without a subscription, you can still view real-time video for Ring doorbells and cameras and answer doorbell notifications when they happen, but you don’t get video recordings of those events.
You can subscribe to Ring Protect on Ring.com or Amazon.com from a web browser on your phone or computer. For details on how to sign up, see the instructions below.
Subscribe on Ring.com
You can subscribe to a Ring Protect plan on any mobile or desktop browser. At this time, you can’t purchase a Ring Protect Plan through the Ring App or Amazon App.
- From a web browser, log in to your Ring account.
- Select Unsubscribed Devices. You’ll see a list of devices that aren’t covered by a plan.
- Select Subscribe.
- Choose a Ring Protect Plan and the devices you want coverage for.
- If you selected multiple devices and choose Basic, then the price of Basic will be charged for each device.
- Ring Protect Plus covers all cameras and doorbells at a location for one price.
- Ring Protect Pro covers all doorbells, cameras, and alarms at a location for one price.
- Select a monthly or annual payment option.
- Enter your payment information and check out.
- Review your order and select Purchase.
You will receive a confirmation email for your subscription purchase.
Subscribe on Amazon.com
You can purchase a subscription to Ring Protect on Amazon.com.
Learn how to purchase a subscription through Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Ring offer different Ring Protect Plans?
Yes. We offer three types of Ring Protect Plans.
- Ring Protect Basic covers one device at a location and includes video saving and sharing for your Ring devices. This plan also includes a 10% discount1 for purchases of select Ring products on Ring.com or Amazon.com. Terms and conditions apply. See terms and conditions for more information. Amazon discount requires linking your Ring and Amazon account. Ring Protect Basic costs $3.99/month or $39.99/year for each device subscribed (in the US).
- Ring Protect Plus covers all devices at a location. This subscription includes all the benefits of Basic, the Ring Protect Plan 10% discount1, and extended warranties for Ring devices. Ring Protect Plus costs $10/month or $100/year to cover all devices at your home (in the US).
- Ring Protect Pro covers all cameras and doorbells at a location. This subscription includes all the benefits of Plus, in addition to professional monitoring and alarm cellular backup for Ring Alarm, and 24/7 Backup Internet for Ring Alarm Pro. Ring Protect Pro is currently only available to purchase on ring.com for US customers. Ring Protect Pro costs $20/month or $200/year to cover all devices at your home (in the US).
Learn more about the benefits for each plan in the Ring Protect page.
Is the Ring Protect Plan required?
No. You can use a Ring device without a subscription. Features such as Live View – a live stream from Ring devices – are available without a plan on all security and doorbell cameras. Additionally, you can use features like motion alerts, Two-Way Talk, snapshot capture, and more without a subscription.
Learn how to access and delete stored videos
Can I purchase the same subscriptions on Ring.com as on Amazon.com?
Yes. You can subscribe to Ring Protect Basic, Plus, or Pro on both websites. There will be no difference in pricing, benefits, or features if you decide to purchase on either site.
How long do Ring videos stay without a subscription?
Video recording requires a subscription to Ring Protect. Without a subscription, you don’t keep recordings from Ring cameras or doorbells. To keep video recordings2 (for up to 180 days in the US), subscribe to a Ring Protect plan subscription.
Can you save Ring Videos to your Computer?
With a Ring Protect subscription, you can record and save videos2 (up to 180 days in the US) for Ring doorbells and security cameras. Account owners and Shared Users can also download videos to a local device (such as a computer or mobile device), and share the videos with others.
Learn more about video saving and sharing
How do I update my payment method?
You can update your payment method by logging in to your Ring account on a web browser. View instructions.
1 Terms and conditions apply. See terms and conditions for more information. Amazon discount requires linking your Ring and Amazon account.
2Your Ring videos stored in the cloud are stored temporarily, up to 180 days. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting. Check Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.