Setting up your Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-in in the Ring app is simple.
1. Plug in the Stick Up Cam Plug-in.
Connect the included indoor/outdoor power cord to the Stick Up Cam and then connect it to a standard power outlet.
2. Download the Ring app
To download the Ring app:
- On your mobile device, go to the App Store (for iOS devices) or the Play Store (for Android devices).
- Search for Ring.
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
Or visit ring.com/app on your mobile device.
3. Create or Log in to your account.
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select Create Account.
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
4. Tap 'Set Up a Device.'
- Tap Set Up a Device.
- Select Security Cams.
5. Scan the QR code on your Ring device.
You can scan the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging via the Ring app.
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (≡) on the left side of your Dashboard.
- Tap Set up a Device and select Security Cameras.
- Tap I’m Ready to Scan.
- Point your smartphone’s camera at the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the bottom half of the screen.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
If you experience issues scanning the QR code:
- Move your camera closer or further from the QR code to help it focus.
- Once your camera finds focus, hold it steady for a few seconds.
- If your camera won’t focus, clean your camera lens, move to a well-lit area, and try again.
If you continue to experience issues:
- Tap Other Options below the scanner.
- Select Can’t Scan the QR code.
- Confirm by selecting Enter code manually (this corresponds to PIN code digits underneath the QR code).
- Find your device in the list.
- Enter your five digit PIN which can be found below the QR code.
6. Specify your Location.
- If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
- Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
- If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
7. Choose where to install your Stick Up Cam.
- Select either Indoors or Outdoors based on where you plan to install your Stick Up Cam.
- If you chose Indoors, select whether or not your Stick Up Cam will be facing a window.
8. Name your Device.
Select a specific name for your Stick Up Cam Plug-in to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom…” at the bottom of the list.
9. Connect to your Ring Device.
iOS: Tap Join when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step five, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the Settings app, then tap wifi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate to “Connection” then wifi.
- Ring- followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- Ring Setup followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
10. Connect your Stick Up Cam Plug-in to your wifi.
Be sure you’re near your router and have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Stick Up Cam.
11. Test your Device.
Once your Stick Up Cam Plug-in has completed its update and setup, configure your Stick Up Cam’s motion zones, then open Live View to test your camera.