Setting up your Ring Stick Up Cam Plug-in in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Step One - Plug in the Stick Up Cam Plug-in
Connect the included indoor/outdoor power cord to the Stick Up Cam and then connect it to a standard power outlet.
Step Two - Download the Ring App
To download the Ring app:
- On your mobile device, go to the App Store (for iOS devices) or the Play Store (for Android devices).
- Search for “Ring.”
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
Or visit ring.com/app on your mobile device.
Step Three- Create or Log in to Your Account
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- Select “Create Account.”
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
Step Four - Tap 'Set Up a Device'
Tap “Set Up a Device” then select “Security Cams.”
Step Five - Scan the QR code on your Ring device
You can scan the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging via the Ring app.
- Tap the three lines (≡) on the left side of your Dashboard in the Ring app.
- Tap Set up a Device and select Security Cameras.
- Tap I’m Ready to Scan.
- Point your smartphone’s camera at the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the bottom half of the screen.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
If you experience issues scanning the QR code, please follow these steps:
- Move your camera closer or further from the QR code to help it focus.
- Once your camera finds focus, hold it steady for a few seconds.
- If your camera won’t focus, clean your camera lens, move to a well-lit area, and try again.
If you continue to experience issues, please follow these additional steps:
- Tap Other Options below the scanner.
- Select Can’t Scan the QR code.
- Confirm by selecting Enter code manually (this corresponds to PIN code digits underneath the QR code).
- Find your device in the list.
- Enter your five digit PIN which can be found below the QR code.
Step Six - Specify Your Location
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Note: Without a specific location, certain features of your Stick Up Cam will not work properly.
Click here to learn more about Ring devices and your address.
Step Seven - Choose Where Your Stick Up Cam Will Be Installed
Select either “Indoors” or “Outdoors” based on where you plan to install your Stick Up Cam.
If you chose “Indoors,” select whether or not your Stick Up Cam will be facing a window.
Note: By facing your Stick Up Cam towards a window you can block night vision and significantly reduce Motion Detection reliability.
Step Eight - Name Your Device
Select a specific name for your Stick Up Cam Plug-in to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom…” at the bottom of the list.
Step Nine - Connect to Your Ring Device
iOS: Tap “Join” when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step five, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the Settings app, then tap wifi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate to “Connection” then wifi.
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- Ring- followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- Ring Setup followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your “Settings” app and return to the Ring app.
Step Ten - Connect Your Stick Up Cam Plug-in to Your Wifi
Be sure you’re near your router and have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Stick Up Cam.
- Enter your wifi password and press Continue.
Note: After connecting to your wifi network, your Stick Up Cam may update its internal software. While performing an update, the light on the front of your device will flash blue. When the blue light stops flashing, you can tap “Continue” in the Ring app and begin using your Stick Up Cam.
Step Eleven - Test Your Device
Once your Stick Up Cam Plug-in has completed its update and setup, configure your Stick Up Cam’s motion zones, then open Live View to test your camera.
Click here for instructions on physically installing your Stick Up Cam Plug-in.