You only need one battery for your Stick Up Cam Battery to work properly and act as back-up power for your Stick Up Cam Solar. However, if you want extended battery life or don't want to experience any downtime while the battery is charging, a second battery could be helpful.
Charging Your Stick Up Cam Battery
- Open the battery compartment by twisting the battery cover counterclockwise to unlock, then removing it from your Stick Up Cam.
- Remove the battery by pressing the release tab.
- Plug the provided orange micro USB cable to the battery's charging port. During charging both the red and green lights will light up. Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery turns solid green (can take up to 6-8 hours).
- Slide the fully charged battery back into Stick Up Cam until it clicks in place.
- Place the battery cover back onto your Stick Up Cam.
See Your Remaining Battery Charge Percentage in the Ring App
- Tap the three lines in the top left
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the doorbell or camera you want to check.
- Tap Device Health.
- Check the percentage under Battery Level.
The battery charge percentage will not change in the Ring App until the newly-charged battery is reinserted into the device.