Routines are a series of commands you can instruct your Alexa to perform when it is connected to a Ring device. You can, for example, instruct Alexa to turn on your security cameras in the rear of the house by saying, “Alexa, I’m leaving.”
To create a Routine in the Alexa app on your mobile device:
- Go to the menu and select Routines.
- Select the + icon in the top right corner.
- Select When This Happens, and then choose Device to create a Routine triggered by Ring devices. For sensor routines, select your installed motion or contact sensor.
- Select Add action, and then choose which action it completes. To receive a push notification when motion or contact sensor is triggered, select Send notification.
- Under From, select which Alexa device controls the Routine.
- Tap Create.
Tip: To modify or delete a Routine, go to the Routines section in the Alexa app. Choose a Routine listed in the Enabled section to make your changes.