Routines are a series of commands you can instruct your Alexa to perform when it is connected to a Ring device.
First, make sure that you've integrated Ring with Alexa.
Create a Routine Using Alexa
To create a Routine in the Alexa app for your Ring doorbell, Security Cameras or Mailbox Sensor:
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device
- Tap More in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select Routines from the menu.
- Tap the plus sign to Create Routine
- A screen titled New Routine will appear.
- Tap on and Routine Name and name your routine.**
- Tap on When This Happens and tap Smart Home, select your Ring device you are creating the routine for.
- Select which capability you'd like to set up.
- Select Add action, and then choose which action it completes.
- To receive a push notification when motion or contact sensor is triggered, select Send notification.
- Under From, select which Alexa device controls the Routine.
- Tap Create.