Connecting and controlling a Ring video doorbell or security camera with an Alexa-enabled device is a simple process. To accomplish this, you’ll need to add Ring as a skill in your Alexa app. As a result, you’ll be able to direct your Ring device(s) with voice commands, as well as watch live videos from them if you have an Echo Show or Echo Spot.
Before starting, you'll need to download Amazon's Alexa app if you haven't already done so.
- Open Alexa. In the upper lefthand corner, you'll see three horizontal bars. Tap them.
- In the menu that appears, tap Skills & Games.
- On the next screen, search for Ring in the search box.
- After you've found Ring, tap the Enable button.
- Next, Alexa will ask you to sign into your Ring account. Doing so will link your Ring account to your Alexa account.
- After signing in, you'll be asked to discover devices. Tap the Discover Devices button. All of your Ring devices should appear and be connected to Alexa automatically. If you don't want Alexa to integrate with a particular Ring device, simply tap Forget on the right side.
If none of your Ring devices appear automatically, you can either:
- Ask, "Alexa, discover my devices,"
- Tap Devices
- Tap Discover
All of your Ring devices should appear and connect automatically to Alexa with either method.
Getting chime notifications through your Alexa-enabled device
Opting-in to the chime feature in your Alexa-enabled-device is easy. Just follow the instructions below:
- Download the latest Alexa app.
- Tap the Devices tab at the lower right-hand section of your screen.
- Tap All Devices.
- Tap the doorbell camera about which you wish to be notified.
- Turn on the Doorbell Press.
Note: Each Alexa-enabled device will need the Communication and announcements setting enabled and the Do Not Disturb feature turned off.
Viewing Live Activity
To view live activity from your Ring doorbell camera or security camera, say:
- Alexa, show [Ring Device Name].
- Alexa, hide [Ring Device Name].
To stop your live Ring feed, say:
- Alexa, hide the front door.
- Alexa, go home.
- Alexa, stop.
Viewing recorded video
In order to view recently recorded video using Alexa commands, you can say the following:
- Alexa, show me the last activity from [Ring Device Name].
- Alexa, show the most recent event from [Ring Device Name].
- Alexa, fast-forward.
- Alexa, fast-forward 10 seconds.
- Alexa, fast-forward 1 minute.
- Alexa, rewind.
- Alexa, rewind 10 seconds.
- Alexa, rewind 1 minute.
- Alexa, pause.
- Alexa, play.
Note: In order to view recorded video, you will need to be signed up for a Ring Protect Plan.
Note: Currently only the latest motion clip is available to be viewed"