To connect and control a Ring video doorbell or security camera with a compatible Alexa-enabled device, you’ll need to add Ring as a skill in your Alexa app. Then you’ll be able to give voice commands for your Ring device(s), including doorbells and cameras, as well as watch live videos from them if you have a compatible Echo device.
First, download the Alexa app if you don't already have it on your smartphone, tablet, or similar device.
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap the three lines (≡) on the bottom right of the screen (More).
- In the menu that appears, tap Skills & Games.
- On the next screen, search for Ring in the search box.
- After you've found Ring, tap the Enable Skill and Link Accounts button.
- Next, Alexa will ask you to sign into your Ring account. Doing so will link your Ring account to your Alexa account.
- After signing in, you'll be asked to discover devices. Tap the Discover Devices button. All of your Ring devices should appear and be connected to Alexa automatically. If you don't want Alexa to integrate with a particular Ring device, simply tap “Forget” on the right side.
If none of your Ring devices appear automatically, you can:
- Check if your device is already set up.
- Tap Try Discovery Again.
- Ask, "Alexa, discover my devices."
- Choose the option to get help connecting or contact customer service.
Get Chime Notifications Through Your Alexa-enabled device
To opt into the Chime feature in your Alexa-enabled-device, follow the instructions below:
- Download the latest Alexa app.
- Tap the Devices tab at the lower right-hand section of your screen.
- Tap All Devices.
- Tap the doorbell or camera.
- Turn on the Doorbell Press.
Note: Each Alexa-enabled device will need the Communication and Announcements setting enabled and the Do Not Disturb feature turned off.
Arm and Disarm Your Ring Camera Devices Using Your Voice
Ring doorbell or camera-only users can set modes to armed or disarmed with Alexa by using your voice on a compatible Alexa-enabled device. Camera modes to arm and disarm your Alarm requires a Ring Protect subscription.
*Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. View ring.com/protect-plans for pricing and details.
Click here to learn how to arm and disarm your Ring devices with Alexa using your voice.
Viewing Live Activity
To view live activity from your Ring doorbell camera or security camera, say:
- Alexa, show [Ring Device Name].
- Alexa, hide [Ring Device Name].
To stop your live Ring feed, say:
- Alexa, hide the front door.
- Alexa, go home.
- Alexa, stop.