Ring Protect is a subscription plan that unlocks premium features for Ring products . With Ring Protect, your security cameras and doorbells can record and save video (with video history for up to 60 days in the U.S.) so that you never miss an important moment. Ring Protect Plus and Pro plans also include the Ring Protect plan discount, which gives you 10% off select Ring products purchased on ring.com and amazon.com. For a full list of benefits in a Ring Protect plan subscription, see this page.
What is a Ring Protect Plan?
Subscribe to Ring Protect
- From a web browser, log into your Ring account.
- Select Unsubscribed Devices. You’ll see a list of devices that aren’t covered by a plan.
- Select Subscribe.
- Choose a Ring Protect Plan and the devices you want coverage for.
- If you selected multiple devices and choose Basic, then the price of Basic will be charged for each device.Ring Protect Plus and Pro cover all devices at a single location for one price.
- Select a monthly or annual payment option.
- Enter your payment information and checkout.
- Review your order and select Purchase.
You will receive a confirmation email for your subscription purchase.
Is the Ring Protect Plan required?
No. You can use a Ring device without a subscription. Features such as Live View, a live stream from Ring devices, are available without a plan on all security and doorbell cameras. Additionally, you can use features like motion alerts, Two-Way Talk, snapshot capture, and more without a subscription.
Learn how to access and delete stored videos.
Does Ring offer different Ring Protect Plans?
Yes. We offer three types of Ring Protect Plans.
- The Basic subscription plan covers one device per location and includes video saving and sharing for your Ring devices.
- The Plus subscription covers all devices per location. It includes all the benefits of Basic, in addition to the Ring Protect Plan discount, and extended warranties for Ring devices.
- The Pro subscription covers all devices per location. It includes all the benefits of Plus, in addition to professional monitoring and alarm cellular backup for Ring Alarm, and 24/7 Backup Internet for Ring Alarm Pro.
Learn more about the benefits for each plan in the Ring Protect plans page.
What is the price of each Protect Plan Subscription?
Ring Protect Basic costs $3/month or $30/year for each device subscribed (in the U.S.).
Ring Protect Plus costs $10/month or $100/year to cover all devices at your home (in the U.S.).
Ring Protect Pro costs $20/month or $200/year to cover all devices at your home (in the U.S.).
How long do Ring videos stay without a subscription?
Video recording requires a subscription to Ring Protect. Without a subscription, you don’t keep recordings from Ring cameras or doorbells. To keep video recordings (for up to 60 days in the U.S.), subscribe to a Ring Protect plan subscription.
Is Ring professionally monitored?
You can opt-in to professional monitoring with a Ring Protect Pro plan. This plan offers a variety of other benefits, including cellular backup for your Ring Alarm base station (in case your internet goes down), video storage for Ring cameras and doorbells, warranties, discounts, and more.
Learn more about Professional Monitoring.
Can you save Ring Videos to your Computer?
With a Ring Protect subscription, you can record and save videos (up to 60 days in the U.S.) for Ring doorbells and security cameras. Account owners and Shared Users can also download videos to a local device (such as a computer or mobile device), and share the videos with others.
Learn more about video saving and sharing.
How do I update my payment method?
To learn how to update your payment method, see this article