Ring Protect is a subscription plan that unlocks premium features for Ring products. With Ring Protect, your security cameras and doorbells can record and save video with video history, for up to 180 days in the US.1 All Ring Protect plans also include the Ring Protect discount, which gives you 10% off select Ring products purchased on Ring.com2 (US, Canada, UK, EU, Australia or New Zealand) and Amazon.com (US only). Terms and conditions apply.
What is a Ring Protect Plan?
You can subscribe to Ring Protect from your account on Ring.com, or you can subscribe on Amazon.com. The instructions below are for subscribing on Ring.com.
- From a web browser, log in to your Ring account.
- Go to the Protect Plans tab and select Unsubscribed Devices. You’ll see a list of devices that aren’t covered by a plan.
- Select Subscribe, then choose a plan and the devices you want coverage for.
- If you selected multiple devices and choose Basic, then the price of Basic will be charged for each device.Ring Protect Plus and Pro cover all devices at a single location for one price.
You will receive a confirmation email for your subscription purchase.
Is the Ring Protect Plan required?
No. You can use a Ring device without a subscription. Features such as Live View, a live stream from Ring devices, are available without a plan on all security and doorbell cameras. Additionally, you can use features like motion alerts, Two-Way Talk, and more without a subscription.
Learn how to access and delete stored videos.
Does Ring offer different Ring Protect Plans?
Yes. We offer three types of Ring Protect Plans. Learn more about the benefits for each plan in the Ring Protect plans page.
- Basic covers one doorbell or home security camera and includes the Ring Protect 10% discount. Terms and conditions apply.
- Plus covers all doorbells and home cameras at a location. It includes all the benefits of Basic, in addition to the extended warranties for Ring devices.
- Pro covers all Ring Alarms, doorbells, and home cameras at your home. The Pro plan includes all the benefits of Plus, in addition to Professional Monitoring and alarm cellular backup for Ring Alarm, and 24/7 Backup Internet for Ring Alarm Pro.
What is the price of each Protect Plan Subscription?
Ring Protect Basic costs $3.99/month or $39.99/year for each doorbell or home camera subscribed (in the US).
Ring Protect Plus costs $10/month or $100/year to cover all doorbells and home cameras at your home (in the US).
Ring Protect Pro costs $20/month or $200/year to cover all Ring Alarms, doorbells, and home cameras at your home (in the US).
How long do Ring videos stay without a subscription?
Video recording requires a subscription to Ring Protect. Without a subscription, you don’t keep recordings from Ring cameras or doorbells. To keep video recordings (for up to 180 days in the US), subscribe to a Ring Protect plan. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting.
Is Ring professionally monitored?
You can opt-in to professional monitoring with a Ring Protect Pro plan.
Learn more about Professional Monitoring.
Can you save Ring Videos to your Computer?
With a Ring Protect subscription, you can record and save videos, up to 180 days in the US, for Ring doorbells and home cameras. Account owners and shared users can also download up to 50 videos at once from Ring.com. You can download videos to a local device (such as a computer), and share them with others.
Learn more about video saving and sharing.
How do I update my payment method?
To learn how to update your payment method, see this article.
1 Your Ring videos in the cloud are stored temporarily, up to 180 days. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting. Check Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.