Ring Protect is an optional subscription that unlocks premium features for Ring products. With Ring Protect, your Ring home security cameras, mobile cameras, and doorbells can record and save video with video history, for up to 180 days in the US.1 Select Ring Protect plans (Basic, Plus, and Pro) also include the Ring Protect discount, which gives you 10% off select Ring products purchased on Ring.com2 (US, Canada, UK, EU, Australia or New Zealand) and Amazon.com (US only). Terms and conditions apply.
Steps to subscribe
You can subscribe to Ring Protect from your account on Ring.com, or you can subscribe on Amazon.com. Follow the instructions below to subscribe on Ring.com:
- From a web browser, log in to your Ring account.
- Select Subscribe, then choose a plan and the devices you want coverage for.
- If you selected multiple devices and choose Basic, the price of Basic will be charged for each device. Ring Protect Plus and Pro cover all devices at a single location for one price.
- Select a monthly or annual payment option.
- Enter your payment information and check out.
- Review your order and select Purchase. You will receive a confirmation email for your subscription purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Ring offer different Ring Protect Plans?
Yes. We offer several Ring Protect Plans. Learn more about the benefits for each plan in the Ring Protect plans page.
How long do my Ring videos stay without a subscription?
Without a subscription, you don’t keep recordings from Ring cameras or doorbells. To keep video recordings (for up to 180 days in the US), subscribe to a Ring Protect plan.
Is Ring professionally monitored?
You can opt-in to professional monitoring with a Ring Protect Pro plan.
Learn more about Professional Monitoring.
Can you save Ring videos to your computer?
With a Ring Protect subscription, you can download up to 50 videos at once from Ring.com and share them with others.
Learn more about video saving and sharing.
How do I update my payment method?
See this article for details on updating your payment method.
1 Your Ring videos in the cloud are stored temporarily, up to 180 days. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting. Check Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.