Ring now offers professional monitoring* for commercial properties. Professional monitoring* is a service available in the US and Canada (except for Quebec and some U.S. Territories) with a Ring Protect subscription or trial. If your Ring Alarm detects a security threat, a signal is sent to the monitoring center, who will call your emergency contacts and request emergency responders be sent to your location, if needed.
Professional monitoring* for businesses is slightly different from the residential service. Ring cannot offer smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring* at businesses due to strict local regulations.
How do I get professional monitoring* for my business?
First, add a Ring Protect subscription to your account. You’ll also get a 30-day trial of Ring Protect when you first set up your Ring Alarm.
Next, sign up for professional monitoring* using the Ring app. The steps below will explain the process.
- If you’re setting up your Ring Alarm for the first time, and your business address is eligible for professional monitoring, the app will take you through the professional monitoring sign up after you set up your Base Station. Note: If you skip the setup at this time, you can always go back and sign up using the app later.
- If you have a Ring Alarm system already set up and want to switch it from your home to a business, simply open the Ring app, open the Menu, tap on Settings, and tap on Monitoring. This will begin the professional monitoring sign up.
How do I sign up for professional monitoring?*
Whether you are new to Ring Alarm, activating professional monitoring* for the first time, or registering an existing location as a business, you’ll first be asked to agree to the Ring Terms of Service.
Next, you’ll be asked to confirm if you are a Home or Business.
Cross Street - You’ll be asked to confirm your address, and enter a cross street. Cross streets can help emergency responders find your location more quickly.
Guard Response - If you live in an area that requires a verified response before emergency responders can be dispatched, you can opt-in to Guard Response, Ring’s service which can verify your alarm and get help faster.
Business Contact Information - On this screen, you should enter the name of the business and the business owner. This information will be used for an alarm permit or registration if one is needed.
Primary Contact Information - This is the name of the person who will be managing Ring Alarm and the business on a daily basis. You can fill out the business owner’s name here, or the name of a business partner or employee who can be the main point of contact on the Ring account.
Emergency Contacts - You will be asked to include the names and phone numbers for three emergency contacts who will be called by the monitoring center if your Alarm is triggered. We will automatically add your Primary Contact’s name and number as the first emergency contact, but you can change this as needed. Both the owner and/or primary contact can be listed as emergency contacts if you choose.
Don’t forget to have all emergency contacts save the number for the Ring Monitoring Center (833-209-2159) as a contact in their phones so everyone answers the phone in an emergency.
Verbal Password - Please enter a word or number that the monitoring center will use to verify the identity of your emergency contacts. Make sure you share your verbal password with all emergency contacts.
What happens after I sign up for professional monitoring?*
Permits - If your business needs an alarm permit or registration for your Ring Alarm, you’ll receive an email immediately with permit details.
Practice Mode - Discover features, tweak settings, and arm and disarm your Ring Alarm without the worry of false alarms or accidental dispatches when in practice mode. When you signup for a Ring Protect Pro plan or subscription trial, you can toggle practice mode anytime (US/CA only). In Practice Mode, learn how to use your Alarm system by experience an alarming event and go through an automated call from the Ring Monitoring center. Exit Practice Mode by changing your practice mode settings in the monitoring settings screen and jump back in to refresh your skills at any time.
- Ask your employees to practice arming and disarming your Ring Alarm.
- Set off a false alarm and run an emergency practice drill. (Don’t worry, the police won’t be dispatched during the Practice Mode.)
- Check that your emergency contacts remember the verbal password.
- Practice how to handle SOS and alarms triggered by the Panic Button.
Shared Users and Guest Users
You can add your employees as Shared Users (can arm and disarm with both app and Keypad access) and Guest Users (Keypad access only).
Professional monitoring* licenses are available at: ring.com/licenses.
* A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in the Ring Alarm professional monitoring service. Professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring Alarm licenses at: https://www.ring.com/licenses.