1. Remove the battery cover.
Remove the battery cover from the indoor portion of the Peephole Cam (Door View Cam) by pinching it from both sides and pulling it towards you. The cover should pop right off without any force being applied.
2. Remove the battery.
Slide the battery out of the bottom of your Peephole Cam (Door View Cam).
3. Remove the connector.
Gently grasp the plastic connector on the end of the cable and remove it from the connector port.
4. Unscrew the tightening nut.
- Unscrew the tightening nut counter-clockwise in your peephole using your fingers or the tool that came in the box.
- Grasp the indoor assembly and gently pull it away from the door. Be sure to hold the other side of the assembly in place to keep it from falling out.
5. Remove the outdoor half.
With the indoor side removed, the outdoor portion should slide right out.
6. Remove the adapter (if you installed it).
7. Replace the original peephole.
Replace the original peephole in the hole in the door. Use your finger to screw in the peephole clockwise as far as it will go. If you don’t have your original peephole you can pick one up at your local hardware supplier. If you used the adapter, you will need a 9/16" (~14mm) viewer. Measure the hole diameter and your door's thickness.
Once that's done, place the flat edge of the Peephole Key into the slots on your peephole and rotate clockwise to screw it in. If you don’t have the Peephole Key, you can use a large flathead screwdriver or another flat tool.