Ring Alarm gives you precise control over your Ring Alarm during emergency events.
Ring Protect subscribers with professional monitoring* for Ring Alarm can silence their siren without canceling the request for dispatch. Ring Alarm has separated those actions with the new Silence Siren feature when Ring is alarming.
Each alarm type (intrusion, panic, smoke or CO*) triggers two actions:
- The Base Station siren sounds to alert everyone in the home and deter criminals.
- If you're signed up for professional monitoring,* the Base Station sends an alarm signal to the monitoring center to request dispatch of emergency services.
You can choose to sound the siren without requesting dispatch or silence the siren during an alarming event without canceling dispatch.
Additional features and functionality:
- Base Station LED Patterns - When you choose to only sound the siren, the Base Station will have a have a blue pulsating LED light. In the app, the active alarm mode icon will pulse while the siren is sounding.
- Entry and Exit Delay -. Entry and Exit Delays are temporarily ignored when the siren is sounding. This means that if the siren is sounding while the system is armed, and a monitored Contact Sensor or Motion Detector is tripped, the Ring Alarm will begin alarming immediately.
Note: The option to sound the siren is not available during Entry or Exit Delay.
- Switching Modes while Sounding the Siren - When you sound the siren, you can still change alarm modes, and the siren will continue to sound. If you are sounding the siren in Home or Away Mode, switching to Disarmed mode will disarm the system and silence the siren.
* A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in the Ring Alarm professional monitoring service. Professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring Alarm licenses at: https://www.ring.com/licenses.