Physically installing and connecting your Super Solar Panel to your Stick Up Cam Battery is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note: You should complete the setup of your Stick Up Cam in your Ring app before installing the Super Solar Panel.
Step One: Select your install location
When selecting your installation spot, be sure to choose a spot that gets reliable solar exposure every day. The Super Solar Panel can keep your Stick Up Cam charged with just a few hours of direct sunlight per day.
Step Two: Line up your Super Solar Panel
To properly line up your Super Solar Panel:
- Using the Solar Panel mounting arm as a template, mark the screw holes on your chosen surface with a pencil.
Step Three: Drill Holes
Optional: Use a drill to drill holes where you marked the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the Super Solar Panel on brick, concrete, or stucco, put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are mounting the bracket on wood or vinyl, do not drill, just use the included screws.
Step Three: Put up the mounting arm
Secure the mounting arm to the wall with the included screws. Tighten until snug.
Step Four: Put up the Super Solar Panel
Slide the solar panel onto the mounting arm. Make sure it's seated securely.
Note: If you'd like to adjust the angle of the solar panel for better solar coverage, loosen the adjustment screw on the mounting arm, set your desired angle, then re-tighten the screw.
Step Five: Pop out the weatherproofing plug on your Stick Up Cam
- Remove the rubber plug from the rear of your Stick Up Cam Battery.
- Plug your Super Solar Panel into your Stick Up Cam Battery.
Step Six: Plug the Super Solar Panel charging cable into the Stick Up Cam
- Route the charging cable from your Super Solar Panel into the power connector on Spotlight Cam.
- Plug the snap ring barrel charging cable into the power connector on the Spotlight Cam.
Step Seven: Mount the Stick Up Cam
Attach the Stick Up Cam to the base if you removed it during installation
Note: Make sure to charge and insert the included battery into your Stick Up Cam. Super Solar Panel keeps your battery charged but does not replace it.