Physically installing and connecting your Super Solar Panel to your Spotlight Cam is a simple process. Follow the step-by-step guide below for instructions.
Note: Make sure to complete the setup of your Spotlight Cam in your Ring app before installing the Super Solar Panel.
Select your Install Location
When selecting your installation spot, be sure to choose a spot that gets reliable solar exposure every day. The Super Solar Panel can keep your Spotlight Cam charged with just a few hours of direct sunlight per day.
Line up your Super Solar Panel
To properly line up your Super Solar Panel:
- Using the Solar Panel mounting arm as a template, mark the screw holes on your chosen surface with a pencil.
Optional: Use a drill to drill holes where you marked the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the Super Solar Panel on brick, concrete, or stucco, put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are mounting the bracket on wood or vinyl, do not drill, just use the included screws.
Put up the Mounting Arm
Secure the mounting arm to the wall with the included screws. Tighten until snug.
Put up the Super Solar Panel
Slide the solar panel onto the mounting arm. Make sure it's seated securely.
Note: If you'd like to adjust the angle of the solar panel for better solar coverage, loosen the adjustment screw on the mounting arm, set your desired angle, then re-tighten the screw.
Pop Out the Weatherproofing Plug on your Spotlight Cam
You will need to remove the mounting plate on your Spotlight Cam, pop out the weatherproofing plug and then replace it.
- Press the button on the bottom to open the battery compartment.
- Press the button on the back of the Spotlight Cam, and slide the mounting plate out of its slot.
- On the mounting plate, pop the rubber weatherproofing plug out of its hole.
- Slide the mounting plate back into its slot on the back of the Spotlight Cam until it clicks into place.
Plug the Super Solar Panel Charging Cable into the Spotlight Cam
- Route the charging cable from your Super Solar Panel into the power connector on Spotlight Cam.
- Remove the center plug.
- Plug the snap ring barrel charging cable into the power connector on the Spotlight Cam.
Mount the Spotlight Cam
Insert Spotlight Cam into its mounting bracket, set the desired angle, then tighten its adjustment screw.
Note: Make sure to charge and insert the included battery into your Spotlight Cam. Super Solar Panel keeps your battery charged but does not replace it.