With a Ring security camera and Ring Protect plan, you can record in-garage deliveries by linking your Ring security camera and customize your delivery notifications.
How Amazon Key Works for In Garage Delivery
- On delivery day, you’ll receive a notification that your package is out for delivery.
- You'll receive another notification when the driver is two-stops away from your residence.
- Upon the driver’s arrival, you'll receive an Arriving Now notification.
- The driver will approach the garage and request access via their Amazon handheld scanner.
- Amazon verifies that the driver is near your garage door, and that the package belongs to your address.
- Once the driver and package are verified, the smart garage will open.
- The driver will place the package within five feet in your garage and then closes the garage door.
- A final notification is sent after the delivery is complete and your garage door is closed.
How to Get Started with In-Garage Deliveries
- An Amazon Prime account.
- The Ring app. Be sure you have the latest version of the Ring app before beginning setup. Use this link to find out how to make sure your Ring app is updated.
- Be in a zip code that supports Amazon In-Garage Deliveries.
- Optional: A compatible Ring security camera set up and installed in the Ring app that is linked with your Amazon Key. Use this link to learn how to link your security camera.
Compatible Ring Security Cameras
- Stick Up Cam (3rd Generation)
- Floodlight Cam (2nd Generation)
- Floodlight Cam Pro
- Floodlight Cam Plus Indoor Cam
- Spotlight Cam Battery (v4)
- Spotlight Cam Battery/Solar
- Spotlight Cam Wired/Mount
- Stick Up Cam Battery/Plug In/Solar
- Stick Up Cam Wired
How to Customize Your In-Garage Delivery Notifications in the Ring App
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the three lines (≡) on the top left.
- Tap Key Delivery.
- Tap Garage Door.
- Tap the gear icon on the top right
5. On the In-Garage Delivery screen:
- Toggle on Delivery Alerts for days when you’re expecting orders to arrive.
- Tap Delivery Settings to customize In-Garage Deliveries.