You can test a Ring Alarm Motion Detector at any by using the "Test Motion" tile in your Ring app. This will allow you to make sure your Motion Detectors are working as intended and keeping your home safe.
Before starting the Motion Detector Test, make sure your Ring Alarm is disarmed.
Testing a Motion Detector
In order to test a Motion Detector, do the following:
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap Ring Alarm.
- Tap the Motion Detector you wish to test.
- Tap Test Motion.
- When you begin the Motion Detector test, it will enter a 15-minute test mode which sends motion alerts more quickly.
- If anyone arms your Ring Alarm while testing the motion detector, any motion will set off the alarm. We recommend that you complete all testing before arming your Alarm.
- Move in front of the Motion Detector you are testing and make sure that it works.
- Once the Motion Detector goes off it will go back to a cleared state in 30 seconds and be available to test again repeatedly until the 15 minutes elapses.