If you would like an audio signal when water or low temperatures are detected in your home, your Flood/Freeze Sensor can send an audible "chirp" or a spoken alert to your Alarm Base Station. If you choose the spoken alert option, you will hear “Water Detected” “Low Temperature Detected” or “Water and Low Temperature Detected”.
To set your Flood/Freeze Sensor to send an audible chirp or spoken alert:
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap the Flood/Freeze Sensor.
- Tap Device Details.
- Tap the Chirp Tones tile to select the sound you want to hear. But default, this setting will be set to spoken alert.
- If you want to change this setting, tap Save.
You can use the same directions to turn the audible “chirp” sounds off at any time.
Want to turn off the audible alert? Use these directions and select None as the chirp tone.
Notifications When on Cell and Battery Backup:
When your Ring Alarm Base Station is on cell or battery backup, you will experience the following:
- You will get push notifications when water or low temperature is detected.
- You won’t see the alert state when you open the app
- You will get an automated call, if calls are set to ON
- Your Base Station will pulse and spoken alert or chirp tone will sound once, and then sound once an hour until the battery dies.