Setting up and installing your Floodlight Wired is a very simple process. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before you start
- If there is an update available for your Ring App, please update it before you begin.
- You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Spotlight to the Ring App and the rest of your Ring devices.
There is always a risk of electrical shock when working with wires. When installing your Floodlight Wired:
- Be sure to disconnect power at the fuse or circuit breaker before installing.
- Verify that the supply voltage is correct. Connect the fixture to a 100 VAC 50/60 Hz power source.
- Properly ground your Floodlight Wired.
- Always follow code standards when installing wired connections.
- Do not install near combustible or flammable surfaces.
- Floodlight Wired must be installed on a UL listed weatherproof electrical box.
To attach the mounting bracket:
- With the power turned off at the breaker, attach the ground wire from your home to the ground screw inside your electrical box.
- Screw the mounting bracket into your electrical box using two of the included screws.
- Note: There are several sizes of screw inside Bag A. You may have to experiment with them to find the ones that fit.
To secure the mounting plate:
- Attach the included adhesive foam gasket to the rear of the mounting plate.
- Pull the wires from your home through the hole in the mounting plate.
- Center the mounting plate over the mounting bracket and secure it with one of the included long screws.
Use the provided hook to hang your Floodlight from its mounting plate to make wiring easier.
Put one end of the hook into one of the mounting holes on your Floodlight, and the other into the slot on the mounting plate.
To connect the power wires:
- Use an included wire nut to connect the white wire from your Floodlight to the white (neutral) wire coming from your electrical box.
- Connect the black wire from your Floodlight to the black (hot) wire from your electrical box using another wire nut.
Slide your Floodlight over the posts on the mounting plate, then secure it with two of the included short screws.
Once your Floodlight is mounted, feel free to switch power back on at the breaker.
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- Tap "Set Up a Device."
- Select Device location.
- Tap "Smartlight."
- Tap "Floodlight Wired."
- Tap "Add Device."
- Tap "Ready."