Setting up your Floodlight Battery in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before you begin:
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge before installing and setting up your Smart Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Smart Lights to the Ring App and the rest of your Ring devices.
- If there is an update available for your Ring App, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
Step One - Select Set Up a Device
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner of the Ring app.
- Tap “Set Up a Device.”
- Tap “Smart Lighting.”
- Select your location.
Step Two - Scan the QR Code on Your Device
- Twist your Floodlight counter-clockwise to unlock and separate it from the back cover
- Press the side buttons on the battery lid to remove it and open the battery compartment.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code inside of the battery compartment of your Floodlight Battery.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Floodlight Battery.
If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and enter the five-digit PIN code underneath your device’s QR code to add your device.
Step Three - Insert Batteries into Your Floodlight Battery
Insert four D Cell batteries, matching the flat ends with the springs.
Then place the lid onto the compartment and push down to snap it into place.
The light will blink twice when fully powered up. When this happens, press “Continue” in your Ring app.
Step Four - Add Your Floodlight Battery to a Light Group
Select the lights Group you’d like to add your Floodlight to. If you’d like to create a new group that is not listed, you can select “Custom…”
Step Five - Name Your Floodlight Battery
Give your Floodlight a specific name to distinguish it from the other Ring devices on your account.
Step Six - Remove the Mounting Plate
Press the tab on the side and slide the mounting plate off of the back cover.
Step Seven - Mark Pilot Holes
If installing on a masonry surface, use the mounting plate as a temp[late to mark pilot holes, making sure the "up" arrow is pointing upward.
Then drill the holes and insert the anchors.
Step Eight - Drive the Screws
Hold the mounting plate firmly against the surface and drive the three mounting screws.
Step Nine - Mount Your Floodlight Battery
Align your Floodlight with the mounting plate and slide it to the left to lock it in.