Setting up your Spotlight in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before you begin:
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge before installing and setting up your Smart Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Smart Lights to the Ring App and the rest of your Ring devices.
- If there is an update available for your Ring App, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
Step One - Select Set Up a Device
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner of the Ring app.
- Tap “Set Up a Device.”
- Tap “Smart Lighting.”
- Select your location.
Step Two - Scan the QR Code on Your Device
- Twist and pull off the front of the light.
- Press the buttons on the top and bottom of the battery compartment to remove the lid.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code inside of the battery compartment of your Spotlight.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Spotlight.
If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and enter the five-digit PIN code underneath your device’s QR code to add your device.
Step Three - Insert Batteries into Your Spotlight
Insert four D Cell batteries, matching the flat ends with the springs.
Then line up the arrows on the lid and compartment, and press down to snap the lid back on.
The light will blink twice when fully powered up. When this happens, press “Continue” in your Ring app.
Step Four - Add Your Spotlight to a Light Group
Select the lights Group you’d like to add your Spotlight to. If you’d like to create a new group that is not listed, you can select “Custom…”
Step Five - Name Your Spotlight
Give your Spotlight a specific name to distinguish it from the other Ring devices on your account.
Step Six - Remove the Base
Loosen the locking screw on the base and remove the base from your Spotlight.
Step Seven - Mark the Pilot Holes
If installing on a masonry surface, use the base holes as a template to mark pilot holes.
Then drill the holes and insert the included anchors.
Step Eight - Drive the Screws
Hold the base firmly against the surface and drive the three mounting screws.
Step Nine - Lock It In
Insert your Spotlight back into the base at your chosen angle and tighten the locking screw.
To adjust the vertical angle, loosen the side screw, rotate to desired position, and tighten the screw.