Setting up your Ring Smart Lighting Bridge in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before you begin:
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge before installing and setting up your Smart Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Smart Lights to the Ring App and the rest of your Ring devices.
- If there is an update available for your Ring App, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
Step One - Select Set Up a Device
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner of the Ring app.
- Tap “Set Up a Device.”
- Tap “Smart Lighting Bridge.”
- Select your location.
Step Two - Scan the QR Code on Your Device
- Turn over the Ring Bridge
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on the bottom of your Ring Bridge.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Ring Bridge.
If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” to continue through the setup process.
Step Three - Choose a Good Location for Your Bridge
Be sure to choose an area with strong Wi-Fi.
For the best wireless range, place your Bridge near the area you plan to place your Smart Lighting, ideally by a window.
Step Four - Plug in Your Ring Bridge
Connect your Ring Bridge to a power outlet with the provided power supply.
Step Five - Wait for Your Bridge to Enter Setup Mode
After powering on, the blue and green lights on the front of your Bridge will flash together for about one minute. When only the blue light on the front of your Bridge is flashing, tap “The Light is Flashing” in your Ring app to continue to the next step.
If the light on the front of your Bridge does not start flashing blue, press the setup button on the side of your Bridge for at least five seconds, then release. You will need to use a paper clip or other pointed object to reach the setup button.
Step Six - Connect to your Ring Bridge
iOS: Tap “Join” when the Ring app asks to join the Ring Wi-Fi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring Wi-Fi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring Wi-Fi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step two, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to the “Settings” app, then tap “Wi-Fi.”
- On Android, you may need to navigate to “Connection” then “Wi-Fi.”
- Select the Ring Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- “Ring-” followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- “Ring Setup” followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your “Settings” app and return to the Ring app.
Step Seven - Connect Your Ring Bridge to Your Wi-Fi
Be sure you have your Wi-Fi password ready.
- Select your Wi-Fi network
- If you have more than one Wi-Fi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Ring Bridge.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and press “Continue”
Step Eight - Set Up Your Ring Smart Lighting
Now that your Ring Bridge has been set up, you can set up your Ring Smart Lights.
To get started, tap “Add a Light” in your Ring app and select the device you would like to install from the list below for a step-by-step guide to set up that device.