Setting up your Pathlight in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before you begin:
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge before installing and setting up your Smart Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Smart Lights to the Ring App and the rest of your Ring devices.
- If there is an update available for your Ring App, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
Step One - Select Set Up a Device
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner of the Ring app.
- Tap “Set Up a Device.”
- Tap “Smart Lighting.”
- Select your location.
Step Two - Scan the QR Code on Your Device
- Push in the lock button on the front of your Pathlight, and slide off the battery cover.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on the outside of the battery compartment of your Pathlight.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Pathlight.
If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and enter the five-digit PIN code underneath your device’s QR code to add your device.
Step Three - Insert Batteries into Your Pathlight
Insert four D Cell batteries, flat end first, into the battery compartment.
The light will blink twice when fully powered up. When this happens, press “Continue” in your Ring app.
Step Four - Add Your Pathlight to a Light Group
Select the lights Group you’d like to add your Pathlight to. If you’d like to create a new group that is not listed, you can select “Custom…”
Step Five - Name Your Pathlight
Give your Pathlight a specific name to distinguish it from the other Ring devices on your account.
Step Six - Place the Stake
Hammer the stake into the ground at your chosen location. A rubber-headed mallet is recommended
Make sure the "Sensor Direction" arrow is pointing toward the area you want to monitor for motion.
Note: If you're installing multiple Pathlights, space them five to seven feet apart for the best motion sensing performance.
Step Seven - Attach Your Pathlight
Lower your Pathlight onto the stake and twist clockwise until it clicks to lock into place.