Setting up your Motion Sensor in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before you begin:
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge before installing and setting up your Smart Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Smart Lights to the Ring App and the rest of your Ring devices.
- If there is an update available for your Ring App, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
Step One - Select Set Up a Device
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner of the Ring app.
- Tap “Set Up a Device.”
- Tap “Smart Lighting.”
- Select your location.
Step Two - Scan the QR Code on Your Device
- Remove the battery cover.
- To access the battery compartment, pull the tabs on the sides outward until you can remove the front of your Motion Sensor.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code inside of the battery compartment of your Motion Sensor.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Motion Sensor.
If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and enter the five-digit PIN code underneath your device’s QR code to add your device.
Step Three - Insert Batteries into Your Motion Sensor
Insert three AAA batteries, matching the flat ends with the springs.
Step Four - Add Your Motion Sensor to a Light Group
Select the lights Group you’d like to add your Motion Sensor to. If you’d like to create a new group that is not listed, you can select “Custom…”
Step Five - Name Your Motion Sensor
Give your Motion Sensor a specific name to distinguish it from the other Ring devices on your account.
Step Six - Remove the Base
- Slide the base down to remove it from your Motion Sensor.
- If installing on a masonry surface, use the base as a template to mark pilot holes.
- Drill the holes.
- Insert the anchors.
Step Seven - Drive the Screws
Hold the base firmly against the surface and drive in the two mounting screws.
Step Eight - Attach the Motion Sensor
Slide the motion sensor back onto its base until it clicks into place.