Setting up your Unlock to Disarm feature in the Ring App is a very simple process. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before You Start
- If there is an update available for your Ring App, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too.
- Be sure you have set up an Alarm access code, and share the code access with any locks. This four digit code will be the one you use on your smart lock to access the Unlock to Disarm feature.
Setting Up the Unlock to Disarm
In order to set up the Unlock to Disarm feature do the following:
- In the Ring App, open the side menu by tapping the three-lined icon in the top left corner.
- Tap ‘Devices.’
- Tap ‘Alarm Base Station.’
- Select the lock you wish to turn on the feature for.
- Tap ‘Mode Settings.’
- Tap ‘Unlock to Disarm’ feature
- If there is a pop-up, read it and tap ‘Got It’
- Tap ‘Save’ in the right-hand corner
Test the new feature by arming the system and unlocking the lock using the 4- digit code
Once you’ve finished setting up the Unlock to Disarm feature, test it by arming the system and unlocking the lock using the four-digit code
If the system does not disarm:
- Make sure you’re using the correct four-digit code you set up in the Ring App.
- Try resetting the code and attempting the test again.