You can cancel a Ring Protect subscription anytime on Ring.com or Amazon.com, depending on where you purchased it. At this time, subscription cancellations are not supported on the Ring App.
Download Any Videos You Want to Keep
When you cancel a Ring Protect subscription, all of your recorded videos will be permanently deleted. To save any videos, you must download them before cancelling your Ring Protect plan.
Cancel a Subscription on Ring.com
- Log in to your account on Ring.com.
- Select Protect Plan on the top menu.
- Select the plan you want to cancel.
- On the bottom of the page select Cancel Plan, then a reason for cancellation.
- Select when to cancel your plan (now or at the end of your billing cycle).
- Confirm cancellation.
Cancel a Subscription on Amazon.com
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Go to Your Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Select Cancel Subscription next to the Ring Protect plan you want to cancel.
- Confirm the cancellation.
If you’re eligible for a refund, the refund amount will be returned to the payment method in your Ring account. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to process.
- If you no longer have the debit or credit card that was on the Ring account, contact your financial institution for instructions on how to receive your refund.
- If you paid with SEPA and it has been more than 180 days since your payment, please contact Ring Customer Support.
If you cancel an annual plan, you’ll receive a prorated refund for unused time. For example, if you used your annual plan for six months, you’ll receive a refund for the remaining six months you didn’t use.
If you cancel after a new month of your annual plan has already started, you’ll be charged for that month's subscription fee. You'll be eligible for a refund or credit of the remainder of your annual subscription fee (minus any credits applied or partial refunds issued).
If you cancel a monthly Ring Protect plan, you’ll receive a prorated refund for any unused days. For example, if you used your monthly plan for 15 days, you’ll get a refund for the remaining number of days in that month.