Neighbors who have integrated their Ring Alarm with their Echo device will be able to use Alexa to arm and disarm their Alarm simply by speaking to their Alexa enabled devices. The following instructions will help you connect your Echo to your Alarm and setup Alexa to arm and disarm your system.
Note: You will have to select a four-digit voice code in order to disarm your Ring Alarm. Once selected, the system can be voice-armed or disarmed by anyone who gives the command to Alexa with the four-digit code.
Connecting your Alarm to your Alexa
If you are new to Alexa, you will need to download and install the Alexa app onto your mobile device before you can arm and disarm using Alexa.
Once completed, you can now connect your Ring Alarm to Alexa by following these instructions to install and activate the Ring Skill:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap the three horizontal bars in the lower right-hand corner.
- In the menu that appears, tap Skills & Games.
- On the next screen, search for Ring in the search box.
- After you've found Ring, tap the "enable" button.
- Next, Alexa will ask you to sign into your Ring account. Doing so will link your Ring account to your Alexa account.
- After signing in, you'll be asked to discover devices. Tap the Discover Devices button. All of your Ring devices should appear and be connected to Alexa automatically. If you don't want Alexa to integrate with a particular Ring device, simply tap Forget on the right side.
If none of your Ring devices appear automatically, you can either:
- Ask, "Alexa, discover my devices."
- Tap Devices.
- Tap Discover.
All of your Ring devices should appear and connect automatically to Alexa with either method.
Arming and disarming your Alarm with Alexa
Once your Ring account is linked to Alexa per above steps, you can Arm the Alarm by saying:
“Alexa, arm Ring.”
Once armed Alexa will respond with:
“Ring is armed in home/away mode.”
To check the status of your Alarm, say:
“Alexa, is Ring armed?”
To disarm your Ring Alarm, ask Alexa:
“Alexa, disarm Ring.”
Alexa will ask for your four-digit voice code. Once properly said, your Ring Alarm will disarm.
Can I track when my Alarm is armed and disarmed?
Yes. Arming or disarming the Alarm will be registered as an event in the History screen in your Ring and Alexa apps.
Having trouble with Ring Alarm and Alexa Guard?
Make sure Ring Alarm is linked in the Alexa Guard settings. Choose the Alexa Guard cell and then proceed to Alexa Guard settings. Select the Security System option and choose the Ring option to link.
How do I enable Disarm by voice?
To enable Disarm by voice, go to Alexa app, click Devices, click All devices, click on Ring Alarm and click Disarm by voice toggle on.