Whether you're looking to purchase a special Ring bundle at Costco or have already purchased one, you may have questions on what specifically comes in your bundle. The following article answers many of the most common questions about purchasing Ring Products at Costco.
What are Costco Bundles?
Costco bundles are special packages of Ring products that have several different products "bundled" together and are offered at a discounted price. These special bundled packages are only available at participating Costco stores.
Which products are available as bundles?
The following lists the bundles that are available at participating Costco stores. Note that the product selection will differ based on whether you are in the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom.
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus + 1-Year Plan
- Ring Floodlight Cam + Chime Pro (no longer includes the 1-Year Protect Plan as of June 2019)
- Ring Video Doorbell 2 or Ring Video Doorbell 2 + Chime (no longer includes the 1-Year Protect Plan as of July 2020)
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro + 1-Year Protect Plan (no longer includes the 1-Year Protect Plan as of February 2021)
Note: Costco plans do not include Alexa Guard Plus.
- Ring Video Doorbell 2 + 1-Year Protect Plan (no longer available as of September 2020)
- Ring Video Doorbell 2 + Chime (no longer includes the 1-Year Protect Plan as of September 2020)
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 + Chime
- Floodlight Cam PLUS Black + Chime Pro
- Spotlight Cam Black (2 Pack) + 6-Month Protect Plan
- Alarm 7-piece kit + 6-Month Protect Plan
- Stick up Cam Duo White + 6-Month Protect Plan
What is the Ring Protect Plan?
Ring Protect Plan is an optional subscription service that allows video recordings from your Ring devices to be saved in your Ring account. Without Ring Protect Plan, you can use Live View on your doorbells and cameras and answer doorbell notifications when they happen, but you do not get video recordings of those events.
When does the Ring Protect Plan I've purchased start and end?
Your Ring Protect Plan will start when you've completed registering and activating your Ring product, not when you purchase it. The protection period ends after the included Ring Protect Plan period (1 year or 6 months depending on your location and bundle purchased) after you activate your device.
What happens when the protection period that came with the bundle ends? Will I be automatically signed up for a contract?
No, the Ring Protect Plan does not come with a contract. You may cancel it at any time. After your included Ring Protect Plan has ended you are, of course, more than welcome to continue your plan by subscribing to a monthly or annual Basic or Plus subscription, but there is no obligation to do so, nor will you be automatically signed up for it.
Do I get the 10% discount on Ring.com with my Ring Protect Plan from Costco?
Yes. The discount is included during the Ring Protect Plan period purchased through Costco. If you would like to retain the 10% discount benefit after this Ring Protect Plan has ended, you’ll need to subscribe to Ring Protect Plus via Ring.com or Amazon.com to qualify for the discount.
What happens to my recorded videos after the Protect Plan period expires?
If you choose to continue your Ring Protect Plus plan, your videos and photos will continue to be retained without interruption. If you choose to let the plan end, you will no longer be able to access missed events, share videos or photos, and all of your recorded videos and photos will be lost after a certain period of time.
You can download your videos at any time during the Protect Plan period and save them on a computer or phone.