If you need to know the status of the battery on your Ring Alarm Smoke & CO Listener, the device details page in your Ring app contains the current state, controls, history, and the battery level.
Battery Level: The battery status will be shown in the top right.
- Green = full (100–76%)
- Green = ok (75–26%)
- Yellow = low (11–25%)
- Red = warn (1–10%)
- Red, line through it = failed (0%)
To replace the battery on the device, follow the procedure listed below
How long do the batteries last?
The CR123A battery should last up to three years.
Replacing the battery
- Twist the lid on your listener counterclockwise and lift to remove.
- Replace the battery with a fresh CR123a cell.
- The listener should then reconnect to your Alarm Base Station automatically.
- Place the lid back on the listener, taking care to line up the semi-circle on the rim of the id with the open semi-circle on the base.
- Twist the lid clockwise to lock it in.