The Event History video timeline is a tool designed to give you easy access all of the events recorded by the cameras you own or share. Simply scrolling back and forth through timeline events can give you a better sense of what's happening in front of your cameras and provide vital information to strengthen your ring of security.
This article will answer frequently asked questions concerning the timeline tool in the Ring app.
What is the Event History Timeline tool?
The Events History timeline is a tool that allows you to quickly scroll through your Recent Activity and see recorded videos (if you have a Ring Protect Plan). This allows you to get a sense of what's happening with your doorbells and cameras over within a certain range of time.
How does the Event History Timeline work?
The Event History timeline works by placing icons on a timeline that lets you know when certain events have happened.
Those events can be:
- Live Views.
- Motion Events.
- Person Detected.
- Answered Rings (doorbells).
- Missed Rings (doorbells).
- Linked Device Events.
Can you turn off your timeline?
Yes. In order to turn off the Event History timeline, do the following:
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap the tree-lined icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen to open the side menu.
- Tap Account.
- In the Account Setting screen under Advanced Settings, tap the Event History Timeline toggle.
- Blue shows the feature is turned on. White is off.