All of the light functions and motions settings for your Spotlight Cam Battery security camera are available in the Ring app.
To Access Your Light Settings
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap the three lines on the top left
- Tap Devices
- Tap the Spotlight Cam Battery that you want to adjust
- Tap Device Schedule
- If you do not see a Device Schedule tile, use the instructions on this link to make sure your Ring app is updated.
- Tap Light Schedules
- Follow the prompts in the Ring app to customize your light schedules.
Note: You cannot adjust the brightness of the lights on the Spotlight Cam Battery.
Beginning 2021, the Ring Spotlight Cam Battery will have a new light schedule feature available. This feature will allow you to keep your lights off, even if motion is detected. The feature is being rolled out over time, in case you don't see it immediately in your light settings.
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the three lines on the top left of the Dashboard.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the Spotlight Cam Battery that you want to adjust.
- Tap Motion Settings.
- From the Motion Settings screen:
- Adjust Motion Sensitivity to adjust the range of motion.
- Use Smart Alerts to set alerts for Person or Other Motion.
- Use Advanced Settings to customize motion detection and reduce unwanted alerts.
Will the lights on my Spotlight Cam Battery turn on every time it detects motion?
As a default setting, the lights on the Spotlight Cam Battery will only turn on for Motion Events when it's dark. If it's dark outside and your lights aren't turning on you can adjust your motion sensitivity for triggering the lights.