This article will help you solve power problems by adding a Plug-In Adapter to your Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Note that the Plug-in Adapter should be used in situations where there is no existing doorbell system or the existing system is unusable.
Installing your Plug-in Adapter
Choose an outlet
- Select a power outlet near the door where you plan to install your Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
- Don't plug the power adapter in yet!
Run the cable
- Run the cable down from the outlet to your molding and then choose a path to your Video Doorbell Pro
- Secure the cable to the wall with the provided cable clips.
- The cable can be run through your walls, or through a door or window if desired.
- Always be careful of existing electrical wiring and pipes when drilling through walls!
Attach the wires
- Attach the power cables to the terminals on the rear of your Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
Install and set up your Ring Video Doorbell Pro
Set "Doorbell Type" to "None" in the Ring App
- In the Ring App, select your Ring Doorbell Pro, then tap the gear icon and select "Doorbell Kit Settings."
- Select "None" and save your settings.
- Do not skip this step or your Ring Doorbell may be damaged!
Plug in the Power Adapter
- The front light on your Ring Video Doorbell should illuminate to indicate that it's powered properly.
- If your Ring Doorbell has never been set up, the front light will blink, indicating that your Ring has entered Setup Mode.
Test your Ring Doorbell
- Push the button on the front of your Ring Doorbell to try it out!