If you're having trouble seeing a Live View or video on your Ring app, or your camera is timing out when you're getting an Activating Device message – that means there's a problem in the data transfer between your Ring device and app. We suggest addressing this with the following quick fixes.
Note: If you are seeing pink videos from your security camera, try rebooting from the Ring app.
Make sure your Ring app is up to date and update your mobile devices' operating system.
Confirm Live View is Turned on
To check if Live View is turned on, please follow these steps in the Ring app:
1. Go to Device Dashboard and tap on your device.
2. Tap Device Settings.
3. Tap Video Settings.
4. Go to Live View and toggle on (blue).
5. Tap the caret (<) three times to take you to the Dashboard.
6. Tap the three lines (≡) on the top left side of your Dashboard.
7. Tap Settings.
8. Tap Modes.
9. Confirm Live View is toggled on for all (or relevant modes).
Move Your Router Out of a Closet or From Behind Couch
This is a simple way to improve your connection and therefore your device performance.
|Move router from behind couch||Move router out of closet|
Check the Connection Between Your Mobile Device and Wifi
Take a look at your wifi connection in your mobile settings. Are you getting a strong signal? If not, you may need to change or reconnect your wifi network.
Check the Connection Between Your Router and Your Ring Device
If your internet speeds are good, you may still have an issue with the strength of the signal between your router and the Ring device. Signal strength is just as important as speed when it comes to transmitting video from your Ring device to your Ring app.
Check Your Wifi Signal Strength in the Ring App
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap on the three lines (☰) on the top left of the screen.
- Select Devices, then tap on the Ring device you would like to test.
- Tap on the Device Health tile.
- On the Device Health screen, look at your Signal Strength (under the Network section).
Move Your Router and Ring Device Closer Together
Try this fix to address potential poor signal strength from the distance between the router and your Ring device, the layout of your home, interference from devices like TVs or game systems, or materials in your home such as stucco, brick, metal, large mirrors, or glass doors.
Lastly, try the reboot feature from the Ring App if you're not close to your camera.