Introduction to Motion Detection
Customizable motion detection and motion alerts are some of the best features of your Stick Up Cam. The Ring App lets you determine both the range and sensitivity of your Ring Cam's motion detection. You can also set the frequency of motion alerts.
IR Motion Capturing
The Stick Up Cam uses infrared motion capturing to detect motion within its field of view. You can use the Ring App to determine the Stick Up Cam's motion detection range and the specific zones where motion will trigger a smart alert. These settings help ensure that the Stick Up Cam will capture the events you want to see and ignore the ones you don't.
Setting Motion Zones and Motion Range
- To set the motion zones that your Stick Up Cam will capture, simply tap the zones you would like to cover.
- Use the motion range slider to set the range your Stick Up Cam will cover. Your Stick Up Cam can detect motion as far away as 50 feet.
- Save your setting by tapping the blue Save button.
Positioning Your Stick Up Cam
It's important that you mount your Stick Up Cam in a location that will allow it to detect the motions that are most important to you, such as when people enter your property. For more help on positioning your Stick Up Cam, check out this helpful article.
Setting Your Smart Alert Frequency
You can customize the frequency of smart alerts you receive when your Stick Up Cam detects motion. We suggest trying all three smart alert settings to see which one works best for you.
- ~ Light: If you are getting too many alerts in the Standard or Frequent setting, try the Light setting. This setting helps to reduce battery consumption. If you are still getting too many alerts or alerts of motion that you don't want to be captured, you may want to change your motion zones and range settings.
- ~ Standard: Standard is the default alert setting for your Stick Up Cam.
- ~ Frequent: Frequent gives you the most motion alerts. This setting is only recommended when Stick Up Cam is powered by the optional Solar Panel because it can drain your battery.
Troubleshooting Motion Detection and Alerts
Having problems with motion detection or alerts? Check this article for troubleshooting tips.