Ring products sometimes go offline because they lose power, your Internet goes down or there’s a temporary Wi-Fi outage. Your Ring product will also lose connection if you change your Wi-Fi password. Power outages may cause your Wi-Fi router to temporarily turn off and your Ring product to disconnect.
If your Chime or Chime Pro is offline, try these steps below to bring it back online.
- Check to see if your Chime or Chime Pro is still plugged into the power outlet.
- If your device is plugged in, unplug and plug in again.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Verify that the blue light is solid and not flashing. If the light is off, plug your device into a different outlet to see if it turns on.
Reconnect Your Chime or Chime Pro to Wi-Fi
Before proceeding with the numbered steps below, make sure you are:
- In the same location as your Chime or Chime Pro.
- The "Owner" of your Chime or Chime Pro. The following option is only available to the "Owner," so if you are a "Shared User," you will not be able to proceed.