Once you've completed setting up your Ring device in your app, it will be attached to the Ring account in that app as a sort of "master account." If you wish to use multiple devices to control your Ring device, simply download the Ring app onto the additional devices and use the same account credentials to register the app.
Note: This will give full control over your Ring device.
A better alternative, though, might be to use the Shared User feature in your Ring app to add people to your Ring account. This will give them access to your device, allowing them to do the following:
- Answer and receive alerts when someone presses the doorbell or triggers the motion sensors.
- View stored videos.
- Use and initiate Ring Plus functionality.
- Turn on and off alerts for their smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Save videos directly to their smartphone or tablet.
- Join a three-way call to respond to an alert.
Shared users, however, cannot:
- Delete videos stored in recent activity.
- Share users.
- Delete devices.
- Change motion settings.
- Change the Ring device name.
To add someone as a Shared User:
- Open the Device Settings page for one of your Ring devices.
- Tap Shared Users.
- Tap Add User.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add as a Shared User.
- Select the devices you want to share with this person.
- Tap Send Invite.
Note: Shared Users must have their own separate Ring account to be added as Shared Users.
Note: One Ring account can be used to control multiple devices. Once your first account and Ring device have been set up in your Ring App, you can add as many Ring devices as you wish to that account by simply tapping the "Set up device" control under "My Devices" in your Ring app.