This article will list out some of the most common issues that people face with their Ring Video Doorbell Pro along with links to solutions.
Lost Wifi Connection
- The light on the front of your Ring Pro glows a soft white
- When you push the button on your Ring, it emits a sound
- You don't get any alerts in the Ring app
- The Ring app doesn't show any events being captured
If you are experiencing the above, then your Ring Pro may have disconnected itself from your wifi network.
Try restarting your router to reconnect to your wifi network.
Click here to learn more about why your Ring doorbell may have gone offline.
Poor Wifi Signal Strength
- Poor video quality
- Delayed notifications
- Occasionally not receiving notifications
- Ring and Motion events failing to connect
- Live View failing to connect
- Live View taking more than a couple of seconds to connect
If you are experiencing any of the above, you may be experiencing poor signal strength.
Click here to learn more about dealing with poor wifi signal issues.
- Regularly losing connection to your wifi network
- Regularly shutting off (the white light on the front will turn off)
- Freezing up during a live event
- Not ringing your existing internal doorbell correctly
- Night vision doesn't work
- Ring Pro works fine for a couple of events and then stops working
Your Ring Pro requires a power source that supplies a minimum of 16 volts AC. To check the voltage of your Ring Pro, open the Ring app, select your Ring Pro, and tap Device Health. For Ring Pro to function correctly, the voltage needs to be listed as "Good" or (when you tap it) at least 3,900mV.