If Ring notifications sent to your iOS device are delayed, or if you aren’t receiving them at all, try the tips below to resolve these issues.
1. Check Notification Settings in Your App
First, make sure your notifications are enabled. Go to your Device Settings in the Ring app, and make sure the buttons for both Ring Alerts and Motion Alerts are set to the blue “On” position.
Note: Notification settings are specific to the device connected to Ring, not your actual Ring Doorbell or Stick Up Cam. For example, if you activate notifications on your phone, they will not be automatically activated on your tablet. Instead, you have to manually designate your notification settings for each device connected to Ring.
2. Check the Notification Center on Your iOS Device
If you’re still not receiving alerts, follow the video or the written steps below to activate the alerts in your Notification Center:
- Press and hold the home button near the bottom of your iOS device’s screen, then simply say “Ring Notifications Settings” to Siri
- Select your preferred Alert Style. We recommend “Alert,” but choose whichever style you prefer
- Make sure that the buttons for “Allow Notifications” and “Show on Lock Screen” are green, meaning they’re activated
- Once these settings are activated, log out of the Ring app, then log back in
- Make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature isn’t turned on. Pictured below is a device with “Do Not Disturb” activated. To change this setting, open the Control Center by pulling up the shortcut menu from the bottom of the home screen, and tap the moon icon to disable it
- Lastly, test your device by pressing the doorbell button or triggering a Motion Alert
- Repeat these steps on any other iOS device that’s not receiving alerts
3. Perform a Soft Reset
If none of these steps resolved the issues, you may need to perform a soft reset. Here’s how:
- Hold the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button near the bottom of the device at the same time
- Keep holding both until the screen goes black
- Wait until the white Apple logo appears
- After your device is done loading, test your doorbell and motion sensor; notifications should now come through
If you’re still experiencing any issues, contact us at email@example.com or 800.656.1918 for additional assistance.