If Ring notifications sent to your Apple iOS device are delayed, or you aren’t receiving them at all—follow the tips below.
Note:Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. View ring.com/protect-plansfor pricing and details.
Reboot your Mobile Device
Turn your mobile device completely off. Wait at least 30 seconds and then turn it on again.
Make Sure Notifications are Enabled and your Ring Device is Online
You won't get any notifications if you're not connected to wifi. Check to make sure your Ring device is online by going to Device Health in the Ring app.
- Go to the menu (≡) and tap Devices.
- Tap the device you want to check.
- Note: Make sure your Ring Alerts, Motion Detection and Motion Alerts are toggled on (blue).
- To check your wifi connection, tap Device Health.
- Under Network, you'll see your Signal Strength RSSI number. If your Signal Strength is in red, tap the question mark icon to find some additional troubleshooting steps.
If you have an Alarm, make sure you are subscribed to Ring Protect
Ring Alarm users can get notifications* to the Ring app with a Ring Protect subscription. If you have an Alarm and are not receiving app notifications, make sure your subscription is active.
*Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. View ring.com/protect-plans for pricing and details.
How to get rid of New Features Notification
If your New Features notifications won't go away, you can manually clear it in the Ring app.
1. Tap on What's New in the Ring app.
2. Then, tap the icon with a check mark in it on the top right of the Dashboard.
3. Tap on Mark as Seen.
Notification Settings and Different Mobile Devices
If you activate notifications on your mobile phone, they will not be automatically activated on your tablet. You have to manually designate your notification settings on each mobile device connected to your Ring account.
Check Notification Center on your iOS Device
- Make sure the Do Not Disturb feature isn’t turned on. Pictured below is a device with “Do Not Disturb” activated. To change this setting, open the Control Center by pulling up the shortcut menu from the bottom of the home screen, and tap the moon icon to disable it.
- You can test your device by pressing the doorbell button or triggering a Motion Alert.
- Repeat these steps on any other iOS device that’s not receiving alerts.