Question: I don't have an existing doorbell. Can I still install my Ring Pro?
Answer: Yes! You can wire a Ring Doorbell Pro directly to a 16-24 volt AC transformer by using the free Pro Power Cable. This article will give you step-by step instructions.
- Before removing or attaching wires to your Ring Pro, be sure that the power is turned off at the breaker box.
- If you're uncomfortable with attaching and detaching wires, consult a licensed electrician.
- After the Pro Power Cable is installed and the Ring Pro activated, you will have to run through the Ring App setup process again. During this setup, please select the "No Doorbell" option when presented to you.
Connecting a Ring Pro to a 16-24 volt AC transformer
- Remove the wire clip from one end of the Pro Power Cable.
- Connect that end of the Pro Power Cable to your transformer.
- Connect the other end of the Pro Power Cable to the wire that leads to your Ring Doorbell Pro.
- Restore power at the breaker
- After restoring power, wait about 30 seconds. The light on the front of your Ring Doorbell Pro should illuminate. When it does, press the button on the side of your Ring Doorbell and perform the in-app setup process.