Customize your doorbell Ring Alerts when someone presses your doorbell and Motion Alerts when your doorbell or camera detects motion.
How to customize Ring Alerts and Motion Alerts
- Open the Ring app and tap the menu (☰) in the top left corner.
- Tap Devices, then select the relevant device.
- At the top of the screen, you can toggle the following on or off:
- Ring Alerts
- Motion Detection
- Motion Alerts
- Motion Warning (if your device has the feature)
- Tap the Motion Settings tile to customize settings such as:
- Motion Sensitivity.
- Smart Alerts (available to Ring Protect subscribers. These alerts allow you to distinguish motion so you can know whether it's a person or something else like a car).
- Advanced Settings (example: Advanced Motion Detection, Motion Schedules, and Motion Frequency).
Motion Warning Alert for select cameras
Some Ring Security Cameras let you use a Motion Warning, which is an audible, pre-recorded message that plays when your camera detects a person.
If you're having issues getting notifications, make sure you're connected to wifi and that your mobile device settings are set to allow notifications from Ring.
Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. View ring.com/protect-plans for pricing and details.