You can get Ring Alerts from your doorbell, such as when someone presses the button. You can also get Motion Alerts from your doorbell and/or security cameras when motion is detected.
Each Ring device has a Motion Settings page in the Ring App. To customize your Motion Alerts for a device, go to its Motion Settings page and adjust your preferences accordingly.
Customizing Ring Alerts and Motion Alerts
- Go to the menu (≡) and tap Devices, then select the device you want to adjust.
- At the top of the screen, you can toggle the following:
- Ring Alerts
- Motion Detection
- Motion Alerts
- Motion Warning (if your device has the feature)
- Tap the tile on the bottom of the screen for Motion Settings. You'll then be able to customize settings such as:
- Motion Sensitivity
- Smart Alerts (available to Ring Protect subscribers, these allow you to distinguish between people and other types of motion, such as that of cars).
- Advanced Settings (example: Advanced Motion Detection, Motion Schedules, and Motion Frequency).
An Alert Specific to Some Cameras
Some Ring cameras let you use a Motion Warning, an audible, pre-recorded message that plays when your security camera detects a person.
If you're having issues getting notifications, make sure you're connected to wifi and that your mobile device settings are set to allow notifications from Ring.
Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. View ring.com/protect-plans for pricing and details.