Live View for any Ring device lets you access a live video feed from your camera at any time. There are several ways to access Live View.
Note: You cannot access Live View from the Ring.com website.
Accessing Live View from your Dashboard
- On your Dashboard screen, tap on an image from your doorbell or camera.
- You will be automatically brought to Live View.
- Tap on the icon that looks like a small microphone to speak.
- Then, tap End Live to end the Live View.
- If you are subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan you will see a video in your Event History within 1-2 minutes.
Accessing Live View from your Devices
- On your Dashboard screen, tap the three lines on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the Device on which you want to see Live View.
- Tap the Live View button underneath the image of the device.
- Unmute the speaker on the bottom right to speak
- Or, tap the green button to speak.
- To end the Live View, tap the red button.
Note: Live View will automatically turn off after 10 minutes.
Not Getting Notifications Fast Enough
If you are having trouble accessing Live View quickly enough, try downloading the Rapid Ring app. Rapid Ring app works in conjunction with your regular Ring app, but enables you to get notifications faster and respond faster.
Why can't I hear the siren when I activate it through Live View?
Live View has an echo cancellation filter that keeps loud repetitive noises such as the siren from coming through. This prevents the speaker path echo from going to your mobile phone.