Live View is a feature that can be used with any Ring doorbell or security camera to see what's happening outside your door or on your property. There are several ways to access Live View via the Ring app, but you cannot access Live View via the Ring.com website.
Accessing Live View from your Dashboard
- On your Dashboard screen, the first screen you see when you open the Ring app, tap on an image from your doorbell or camera.
- You will be automatically brought to Live View.
- Tap on the icon that looks like a small microphone to speak.
- Then, tap End Live to end the Live View.
- If you are subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan you will see a video in your Event History within 1-2 minutes.
Accessing Live View from your Devices
- On your Dashboard screen, the first screen you see when you open the Ring app, tap the three lines on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the Device on which you want to see Live View.
- Tap the Live View button underneath the image of the device.
- Unmute the speaker on the bottom right to speak
- Or, tap the green button to speak.
- To end the Live View, tap the red button.
Note: Live View will automatically turn off after 10 minutes.
Accessing Live View from Your Event History
If you have a Ring Protect Plan, you can see video recordings in your History and use your finger to gently slide back and forth to see different events. When you're in your History, you can also tap Live to see a Live View. Live view will then open in a new screen.
Not Getting Notifications Fast Enough
If you are having trouble accessing Live View quickly enough, try downloading the Rapid Ring app. Rapid Ring app works in conjunction with your regular Ring app, but enables you to get notifications faster and respond faster.
Why can't I hear the siren when I activate it through Live View?
Live View has an echo cancellation filter that keeps loud repetitive noises such as the siren from coming through. This prevents the speaker path echo from going to your mobile phone.