Download the Stick Up Cam here.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT
- Download the Ring App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store by searching for Ring Doorbell or Ring.com.
- Launch the app and click on the Setup Device button.
- Then click on Create an Account at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your first and last name, email address and password.
For best results, perform Wi-Fi setup inside near your router.
- Immediately following the account creation process, you will be prompted to select a device to connect. Please choose the Stick Up Cam.
- After entering in your address, you will be prompted to put the device into setup mode. Do so by pressing the orange button located on the back of the device and pressing Continue. The orange button is located on the left of the device, under a weather-resistant cover.
- You will notice a pulsing white LED on the back of your Stick Up Cam. This is an indication that your device is in setup mode. This pattern should continue throughout the duration of the Wi-Fi setup process until the device attempts to connect.
- After putting Stick Up Cam in setup mode, you will be prompted to go into your smartphone’s or tablet’s Wi-Fi Settings.
- In the list of available networks, find and select the network labeled Ring-xxxxxx
- After successfully connecting to the Ring network, return to the Ring app and select Continue.
- If setting up on an Android device, the above series of Wi-Fi Setup steps (#4-6) are automated. If your Android device fails to connect, please refer to the last page of this document for solutions.
- You will then be prompted to connect your Stick Up Cam to the Wi-Fi network of your choice. If the network requires a password, you will be promoted to enter the password during this step.
- Once you input the network's password, Stick Up Cam will attempt to connect to the chosen Wi-Fi network. The LED's flashing pattern will change to a short-long, short-long pattern.
- Once you successfully connect Stick Up Cam to your network, the LED will glow solid white for a few seconds. If this is your first time setting up Stick Up Cam, your unit will undergo a firmware update. The LED light will remain glowing solid until the firmware update is complete, which may take a couple of minutes. Once the LED is off, the firmware update is complete.
- Stick Up Cam sends a notification to your mobile device once it detects motion.
- You can view the live feed from your Stick Up Cam by tapping on this notification.
- Press Answer to begin speaking with whomever is visible. You will have 2-way audio. If you do not press Answer and leave the app, the video will end after 40 seconds or when you leave, whichever comes later.
You can test your Ring Stick Up Cam at any time by quickly pressing the orange setup button twice in rapid succession. This will start a motion event immediately and can assist with updating settings, aiming your Stick Up Cam, and troubleshooting connectivity.
SHARING A USER
- Once logged into the Ring App and on the My Devices Screen, click on the device that is intended to be shared.
- On the device screen, select Shared Users at the bottom.
- Once on the Shared Users screen, simply enter the email address of the person you wish to share the device with.
- If the user already has a Ring App with the shared email address, the newly shared user will automatically get access to the shared device.
- If the user does not have a Ring Account, the newly shared user will get an email with instructions for downloading the app.
- Access the Motion Detection Settings by going to the Device Dashboard clicking on Motion Settings.
- Select Zones and Range to specify the detected locations and distance of all motion events.
- Select to enable or disable multiple zones, you will receive notifications only for the zones that are enabled.
- Select Smart Alert to set time increments between notifications for repeated or continuous motion (e.g. kids are playing soccer on your lawn).
Check out the motion tutorial here.
VIDEO CLOUD RECORDING
- View recordings of all activity from your Stick Up Cam.
- You can view recordings directly from your Ring App (iOS or Android by clicking on the chevron symbol (>) next to each individual event.
- Download recordings in MP4 format directly to your phone to share with your friends and family. Recordings may a few minutes to appear in your recent activity feed.
- Conveniently access recent activity from your desktop computer.
PLANS AND PRICING
Stick Up Cam customers enjoy a one month free trial of Cloud Video Recording with their purchase. Once the free trial has ended you'll be able to enjoy 6 months of recordings for just $3/month or $30/annually.
ARE YOU USING AN ANDROID DEVICE DURING SETUP?
- Prior to your next Wi-Fi setup attempt, go to the Wi-Fi Settings screen on your Android device.
- Find the list of available Wi-Fi networks that your Android device can connect to.
- If you see a network labeled Ring-xxxxxx, click on the network and when prompted, choose Forget Network.
- Go through the setup as normal, selecting your WiFi network and entering the WPA2/WPA/WEP key, but do not press continue after entering they key.
- Leave the Ring App and go to the WiFi settings screen.
- Verify that you are still connected to the WiFi network labled Ring-xxxxxx. If you are not connected to that network, manually re-connect to the network labeled Ring-xxxxxx.
- Return to the Ring App and press Continue to save the WPA2/WPA/WEP key and complete the setup.
VIDEO QUALITY ISSUES?
- The Stick Up Cam utilizes adaptive bandwidth techniques to adjust the quality of the video streamed to a smartphone or tablet.
- When our servers detect situations where the video quality is beginning to degrade, the device will stream video at a lower bit rate and frame rate to ensure the motion event is not dropped.
If you need any assistance with setting up a Ring product, please contact our Community Support team by clicking this link: Ring Community Support