Question: How often do i need to charge the battery on my Ring Video Doorbell?
Answer: With normal use, your Ring Video Doorbell’s battery will last between 6 to 12 months. The battery may deplete faster if your Ring is capturing a large amount of motion events every day. The Ring app will notify you when the battery is getting low.
Question: How do I recharge my Ring Video Doorbell?
Answer: Your Ring Video Doorbell is charged using a common micro-USB cables (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your Ring Video Doorbell will take around five to 10 hours to fully charge.
To charge your Ring Doorbell:
- Remove the security screw on the base of the doorbell and lift the doorbell up and away from the mounting bracket.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the back of the Ring unit (an ornge one comes inside of your Ring box).
- Your battery is fully charged when the circular light on the front on the Ring is a solid blue circle.
- Reattach the Ring unit to the mounting bracket using your security screws.
- After about 30 seconds (time for the Ring Doorbell to start up) test your Ring doorbell by presing the button on the front.
Question: I've recharged my Ring Doorbell but the battery in the app still says that it's low on power. What's going on?
Answer: The battery measurement inside your app is updated each time you press the front button on your Ring Doorbell. Give your Ring Doorbell a couple of test rings and the app should update.