Poor Connection / Video Quality
To determine what is causing poor video quality:
1. Remove your Ring Doorbell and/or Stick Up Cam from the mounting bracket.
2. Bring it inside near your router.
3. Test your Ring Doorbell by pressing the front button. Test the Stick Up Cam by quickly double-tapping the orange button on the back of the unit.
If you get good video quality with your Ring Doorbell or Cam near your router, you know that Ring device is working correctly and that your router and internet connection are good. All that's needed is a solution to get your good internet connection from the router out to where your Ring Doorbell needs it. This is easily accomplished with a wireless range extender. See this article for more on recommended range extenders.
If you do not get good quality video with your Ring Doorbell near your router:
1. Grab a smart phone, tablet, or laptop for testing.
2. Ensure the smart phone, tablet, or laptop is connected to the same WiFi network Ring is connected to.
3. Run a speedtest on the smart phone, tablet, or laptop. Visit www.bandwidthplace.com or www.speedtest.net.
4. Record the upload and download speeds.
For best results, Ring Doorbell and Cam needs an internet connection upload speed of at least 1 Mbps. Contact your Internet Service Provider if you subscribe to internet connection speed package above the recommended amount and are not getting the full speed. If your internet connection speed package is less than 1 Mbps, we recommend upgrading your package for the best experience and highest quality video.