Question: How do I set up my new Ring Chime?
Answer: Setting up your Ring Chime in the Ring App is easy. This article will give you step-by-step instructions:
- Find the "Add Device" Button located on the main dashboard of the Ring App
- Select Chime
- Plug Chime into a standard wall outlet
- Name your Chime device
- Confirm your location
- Wait for the Ring logo located on the front of the device to pulse slowly
- Your Ring Chime is now broadcasting a Wi-Fi network. Open your smartphone or tablet’s Wi-Fi settings and connect to the network labeled Chime-xxxxx
- Return to the Ring app and press continue.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you would like your Ring to connect to.
- Enter a Wi-Fi password, if necessary.
- Once connected, you will be prompted to select which Ring devices you would like to pair your Chime to.
- You should see the following success message after a successful setup.